What is Dance Victoria?
Dance Victoria brings the world’s best dance to the Royal Theatre and supports the development of new dance from its beautiful studios in Victoria’s Quadra Village.
Dance Victoria presents an annual subscription series at the Royal Theatre.
From Dance Victoria Studios on Quadra Street, Dance Victoria:
- Commissions new works at the local and national level
- Offers creation residencies to local dance artists and visiting professional dance companies
- Offers insight into the artistic process with its Rough Cuts series: featuring new works-in-progress
- Awards the annual Chrystal Dance Prize, Canada’s largest award for international collaboration, supporting emerging and independent dance artists
- Partners with our dynamic dance community to bring you Dance Days, a 10-day festival offering free dance classes all over town plus performances by cutting-edge choreographers and companies
- Provides free workshops for dancers with the Hugh Macpherson Masterclass Series
- Manages a multi-studio facility offering studio rentals for class, rehearsal and intimate performances.