Studio health protocols in response to COVID-19
PLEASE NOTE: as of January 20, 2022, masks are strongly recommended, but not required while exercising. Masks must be worn at all times when NOT exercising.
Proof of vaccination is required as of September 13. This document will continue to be updated to reflect new BC Health announcements.
COVID-19 Safety Plan for Professional Dance Rehearsals is effective as of January 6, 2022. This document will continue to be updated to reflect new BC Health announcements.
2022 Jan 20
In alignment with BC Health, this document details required physical distancing and hygiene protocols for users of Dance Victoria Studios (DVS) as of Jan 20, 2022. This document will be updated to reflect new BC Health announcements.
To view your responsibilities regarding proof of vaccination, please click here.
It is your responsibility, the renter “licensee” or user, to abide by and communicate these protocols to your participants and to ensure that they are being observed. Failure to comply with these guidelines will result in the immediate revocation of rental privileges. If these protocols are disregarded by your participants, it is your responsibility to communicate your concerns and, if necessary, ban these participants from future classes or rehearsals. Failure to do so may result in the revocation of your rental privileges. Full communication and monitoring are paramount. Dance Victoria must be assured that all users of DVS are acting responsibly.
For your participants to know before arriving at DVS:
- Participants will have their Proof of Vaccination QR codes scanned before entry.
- In accordance with BC Health guidelines, masks are required in indoor public spaces. You may temporarily remove masks while participating in your fitness activity. If you are able, masks are strongly recommended while exercising.
- All participants are encouraged to bring personal hand sanitizer to DVS.
- Participants should arrive dressed and ready for class.
- Participants should bring only essential items into DVS, such as purse or dance bag, shoes, pre-filled water bottle.
- No one will be admitted to DVS if they are experiencing flu-like symptoms such as elevated temperature, sneezing, coughing, runny nose.
* At this time, water fountains remain unavailable, so remember to pre-fill your own, personal water bottle before arrival.
For your participants to know upon arrival at DVS:
- All participants will enter one at a time (EXCEPTION: Household members will be permitted to enter as a group.)
- Enter DVS through the north entrance of the building (main doors).
- Before entering, participants should wait either in their cars, or at the designated Physical Distancing markers provided on the sidewalk.
- Participants will be admitted into DVS, by the instructor/director or a Volunteer, no earlier than 10 minutes before class.
- Teachers will be responsible for checking-in each student and ensuring that each arriving participant applies hand sanitizer before moving to their designated studio.
- Participants will proceed directly to their designated studio and take their place for the class. Physical distanced spots are clearly taped on all studio floors.
- No congregating in the lobby at any time. No personal items may be left in the lobby.
- At the conclusion of the class, participants are expected to exit the studio practising physical distancing (at a 2m or six-foot distance from each other) and immediately exit DVS unless a bathroom visit is essential. Classmate conversation is discouraged until you are outdoors. It is the instructor/director’s responsibility to ensure that all participants have exited as soon as possible. Please assist him or her by not lingering in the classroom or lobby.
- Instructors must scan Proof of Vaccination QR codes before participants enter.
- Instructors/directors will make sure that all participants are aware of the DVS Health and Physical Distancing Protocols, as outlined above, before they arrive at DVS for their class/rehearsal.
- Instructors/directors will prepare and retain a list of all confirmed participants for each class/rehearsal for potential contact tracing purposes.
- Drop-in participants are permitted with the expectation that the instructor will keep contact information of all participants.
- Studio capacities are reduced to allow for physical distancing: Shaw Studio: 17, Vernon Studio: 21, Milne Studio: 11. Type of studio activity will also impact the number of allowed participants.
- Instructors are encouraged to leave the studio doors open when possible.
- Instructors/directors will ensure each participant has read, and agrees to comply with, these new protocols.
- Instructors/directors must arrive 15-30 minutes prior to their scheduled class/rehearsal in order to wipe down “high-touch surfaces” in their studio (sound equipment buttons, light switches, studio doors – inside & out, thermostat). Each instructor/director will also be responsible for wiping down all high-touch surfaces at the conclusion of their rental block. A 15 minute time buffer will be added between bookings to allow for a staggered entrance and cleaning protocols. *Spray and wipes will be provided by Dance Victoria in each studio.
This document is current as of Jan 20, 2022, however we expect to make updates in the coming weeks as BC Health details are made available.
If you have questions that are not addressed in this document, please contact us at [email protected].