Studios Health and Physical Distancing Protocols
2020 June 1
In alignment with the Province of BC’s ReStart Program, this document details required physical distancing and hygiene protocols for users of Dance Victoria Studios (DVS) beginning June 1, 2020.
It is your responsibility, the Renter “Licensee” and or User, to abide by and communicate these protocols to your Participants and to ensure that they are being observed. Failure to comply with these guidelines will result in the immediate revocation of rental privileges. If these protocols are disregarded by your Participants, it is your responsibility to communicate your concerns and, if necessary, ban these Participants from future classes. Failure to do so may result in the revocation of your rental privileges. Full communication and monitoring are paramount. Dance Victoria must be assured that all users of the DVS Facility are acting responsibly.
For YOUR Participants to know before arriving at DVS:
- All Participants are encouraged to bring personal hand sanitizer to the Studios.
- Participants should arrive dressed and ready for class.
- Participants should bring only essential items into the Facility and Studio such as purse or dance bag, shoes, pre-filled water bottle. * Water fountains are not available, so remember to pre-fill your own, personal water bottle before arrival.
- No one will be admitted the Studios Facility if they are experiencing flu-like symptoms such as elevated temperature, sneezing, coughing, runny nose.
- Pre-registration for classes is required. NO DROP-INS PERMITTED.
For YOUR Participants to know upon arrival at DVS:
- All Participants will enter one at a time (EXCEPTION: Household members will be permitted to enter as a group.)
- Enter the Studios Facility through the North entrance of the building (main doors). Participants must wait either in their cars before entering, or at the designated Physical Distancing markers provided on the sidewalk.
- Participants will be admitted into the Facility, by the Instructor/Director or a Volunteer, no earlier than 10 minutes before class. Instructors/Directors will be responsible for checking-in each student and ensuring that each arriving Participant applies hand sanitizer before moving to their designated studio. (Hand sanitizer will be provided at the Front Entrance.)
- Participants will proceed directly to their designated studio and take their place for the class.
- No congregating in the lobby at any time. No personal items may be left in the lobby.
- At the conclusion of class (or rehearsal), Participants will NOT be permitted to return to the Lower Lobby, but will exit the Studios Facility as follows: Upstairs Participants (Shaw + Vernon Studios) will exit via the Back Door on the upper level that leads to the rear parking lot. Downstairs Participants (Milne Studio) will exit via the South door closest to Market Street.
- At the conclusion of the class, Participants are expected to exit the studio practicing physical distancing (at a 2m or six-foot distance from each other) and immediately exit the Facility unless a bathroom visit is essential. Classmate conversation is discouraged until you are outdoors. It is the Instructor/Director’s responsibility to ensure that all Participants have exited as soon as possible. Please assist him or her by not lingering in the classroom or lobby.
- Instructors/Directors will make sure that all Participants are aware of the new DVS Health and Physical Distancing Protocols, as outlined above, before they arrive at the Studios for their class/rehearsal.
- Instructors/Directors will prepare and retain a list of all confirmed Participants for each class/rehearsal for potential contact tracing purposes.
- Instructors/Directors must ensure that Participant numbers are no more than the maximum stated for each studio space (Maximum number to be discussed and confirmed with Renter at time of Onsite Induction). Type of class activity will also impact the number of allowed Participants.
- Instructors/Directors will ensure each Participant has read, and agrees to comply with, these new protocols.
- No drop-in Participants are permitted.
- Instructors/Directors must arrive 15-30 minutes prior to their scheduled class/rehearsal in order to wipe down “high-touch surfaces” in their studio (sound equipment buttons, light switches, studio doors – inside & out, thermostat). Each Instructor/Director will also be responsible for wiping down all high-touch surfaces at the conclusion of their rental block. *Spray and wipes will be provided by Dance Victoria in each studio.