Everything you need to know about Dance Victoria ticket options, subscriptions, policies and theatre information and amenities. Looking forward to seeing you at the Royal!
- September 7 to October 9: subscription renewals on sale for Dance Victoria patrons who subscribed in 2019/20. During this time, all 2019/20 subscribers may renew or request a change in seat location. Seat change requests are processed in the order they are received so renew early!
- October 25: subscription sales for new patrons.
- November 15: single ticket sales begin.
- exchange tickets from one show date to another in person at the Box Office.
- exchange tickets from one production to another in person at the Box Office.
- return tickets and donate the ticket amount to Dance Victoria at the Box Office.
All Main Stage performances are at the Royal Theatre, 805 Broughton Street, Victoria, BC V8W 1E5 (located on the corner of Blanshard Street and Broughton Street).
- Latecomers and those who exit during the performance will be seated at an appropriate break.
- In consideration of other audience members please avoid the use of scented products. We all share the air!
- Camera, audio and visual recording equipment is prohibited.
- There is no outside food and drink allowed into the theatres.
- Both the Royal & McPherson have licensed bars and concessions, which accept cash and credit cards.
- The theatre lobby will be open one hour prior to the performance start time and entrance to the house will be one half hour prior to the performance start time.
- The Royal Theatre & McPherson Playhouse are equipped with the Sennheiser Hearing Assistance System. To obtain a headset please visit the concession. You will be required to leave a piece of identification which will be returned to you when you return the headset.
- The Royal Theatre has binoculars available. To obtain a pair please visit the concession. You will be required to leave a piece of identification which will be returned to you when you return the binoculars.
- The Royal Theatre does not supply booster seats or cushions.
Dance Victoria recommends:
- Royal Theatre subscription season: 12 years and up
- Nutcracker: 5 years and up (no child under the age of 4)
- Everyone entering the theatre must have a ticket, including babes in arms.
In the great tradition of the theatre, Dance Victoria holds close to the maxim, “The show must go on!” Dance Victoria is committed to honouring its performance schedule and does not cancel performances due to weather conditions.
If patrons cannot attend a performance, for whatever reason, they may donate tickets back to Dance Victoria and receive a charitable donation tax receipt for the full amount. This must be done by contacting the Royal & McPherson Box Office at 250.386.6121 at least 24 hours before show time.
All ticket sales, including tickets for Nutcracker are final. There are no refunds or exchanges.
If patrons cannot attend a performance, for whatever reason, they may donate tickets back to Dance Victoria and receive a charitable donation tax receipt for the full amount (less service charges). This must be done by contacting the Royal & McPherson Box Office at 250.386.6121 at least 24 hours before show time.
The Royal Theatre and McPherson Theatres website (www.rmts.bc.ca) is the only authorized website for purchasing tickets to Dance Victoria performances. Be aware of paid ads and other online ticket outlets that may sell tickets to our performances. Buyers are often charged in US funds and at different prices than the set pricing without seat assignments. Always choose the Royal and McPherson site for your purchases.